INVEST IN KING’S LYNN & WEST NORFOLK
Providing support and aftercare for businesses
We provide inward investment services and an aftercare programme for businesses in the area.
Our Economic Development team helps companies investing in the area by:
- Creating bespoke business cases
- Assisting in the search for land and premises
- Helping with workforce recruitment and skills development
- Liaising with regulatory services
- Providing local market intelligence
We provide the inward investment service for West Norfolk in order to attract and settle new companies. Business cases are created to provide information for potential inward investors, including information about local business structure, land and premises, and supply chains. The team hosts visits by potential investors, provides introductions to partners and sources of help, and liaises with Planners and other regulators.
Opportunities for foreign direct investment are handled at a national level by UK Trade & Investment, with support and local market knowledge provided by our Economic Development team.
Once a business has located to the area, we will continue to provide support, including:
- Information on business needs and issues
- Encouraging business retention, support and growth
- Expansion opportunities
- Advice on redundancies and business closures
- General information, advice and guidance
In the case of foreign owned businesses based in West Norfolk, Investor Development support is incorporated within the Economic Development Team’s aftercare programme, but with the additional responsibility of reporting any significant issues back to UK Trade & Investment.